Omega worktops buying guide
If you’re thinking of buying an Omega worktop but are unsure which options are best for you, this handy guide is just what you’ve been searching for. By outlining the key factors that will drive your purchase and explaining the distinctions and merits of each worktop, you’ll soon be well on your way to confidently choosing the texture, size, colour and accessories that perfectly suit your needs. Your dream kitchen is closer than you think.
Who are Omega and why are they important?
Omega worktops are manufactured by industry leaders Bushboards, a brand that is at the pinnacle of independent work surface production. As a company, their principles are grounded in the innovation of their products and their
loyalty to their customers. With a rich heritage, manufacturing kitchen and bathroom work surfaces in and for the UK market, Bushboards are a company that you can trust to deliver the highest quality. The Omega range mixes fashion-conscious designs with superior quality, all with an affordable price tag. The various colours, styles, finishes and effects available mean that you can let your creativity take control when planning out your workspace.
What textures are included in the Omega worktop range?
Texture choice may seem confusing at first, especially with so many to choose from. Here’s a rundown of some of the textures that our customers love and the reasons why:
- Fa: The Fa texture is perfect if you want to add a splash of bright colour to your kitchen. The slight matt finish means it’s a great way to bring a modern flash into the kitchen.
- Gloss: When people think work surface finish, gloss is always first to mind and with good reason. It’s an all-time classic and can bring new depth to any colour scheme to create a variety of effects.
- Granit: This elegant texture is ideal when trying to capture the look and touch of washed stone. This new texture fits everything that modern design is using and fits well with natural designs.
- Roche: Roche is a texture that also works well with natural designs, practically when used with darker colours. It adds real depth to a design when paired with slate greys and blacks.
- Surf: Surf is one of the staples of kitchen design and is incredibly versatile and durable to boot.
- Ultramatt: Matt finishes have always been cool, and Ultramatt is no exception. It can bring incredible warmth to a kitchen and works well with soft neutral colours.
What are the most popular textures and why are they popular?
There are a few distinct images that spring to mind when it comes to contemporary kitchen design. There is certainly a trend for natural grains and textures such as wood and stone. These natural materials can often be expensive though, which is why there’s move towards laminate worktops that capture the look and touch of such materials of granite and natural wood. These bring all the great looks of those materials without the price tag or hassle.
The Ultramatt texture, which enhances woodgrain designs and has the look and feel of newly-sanded wood, is perfect for creating a countryside-feel in the kitchen, a rustic retreat that can be the centrepiece of the home.
The Granit and Roche textures on the other hand are perfect for encapsulating the natural stone effect, making the worktop look like it’s been carved out of a single piece of granite. You’ll have to see and feel the texture to believe it.
What sizes are available in the Omega worktop range?
Omega worktops are available in 3m and 4.1m lengths. Breakfast bars come in lengths of 1.8m and 2m, with splashbacks available in a 1.5m length. All worktops are available in 600mm widths, which is the industry standard, plus 650mm with and without a curved end. These options mean it’s no hassle for you to get the right size without the worry of joins or mismatched surfaces.
The industry standard thickness is 38mm, so of course Omega worktops come in this size. However they also come in thinner 28mm thicknesses to coincide with current design standards where narrow lines work well in minimalist kitchens.
What accessories can you get with your Omega worktop?
Once you’ve decided on your worktops you need to pull the rest of your kitchen design together. There are a number of accessories that can help do this including upstands, splashbacks and breakfast bars all of which are produced by Omega.
The benefit of buying from Omega is that you can guarantee that all of your accessories can be uniformly matched to keep your design consistent. A current favourite with our customers are splashbacks that add a flash of colour to the kitchen; bold neon colours look fantastic to break up the texture. Or, if you’re looking for a more classic looking kitchen you can continue your texture and grain across the splashback and breakfast bar for an effect that the entire work surface and accessories are made from one solid piece of material.
Breakfast bars themselves have been so popular in recent years, as they are such a versatile area in the kitchen. They can add extra workspace for when things get hectic, or be an area around which the whole family or guests can congregate, making the kitchen a social place.
What colours are available with Omega worktops?
Colour choice is something that people end up fretting over for a long time, but there’s really no need. Omega have a wide variety of colours available, including:
- Natural Wood
There are two key trends represented here. The darker colours that are ideal for kitchens inspired by stone materials. On the other side there are the more neutral colours such as white and cream which go well with a minimalist design that’s a bit more muted (and can be brightened up with a dash of vibrant colour on the splashback). Omega are at the forefront of neutral colours and it’s highly recommended to match the worktop colour to the design of the kitchen cabinets.
What are the benefits of choosing an Omega worktop?
- When you buy from Omega you’re buying from a trusted brand that make all of their worktops in Wellingborough, Great Britain, supporting the Made in Britain campaign.
- There is a wide variety of texture on offer, so that you can be sure to match the current trend in design.
- Omega specialise in neutral colours, putting them at the forefront of popular fashions in the industry.
- With the availability of 28mm thicknesses, you can have a sleek and slimline design complemented by your worktops.
- Omega have been awarded the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) Gold Certificate to recognise the top quality manufacturing standards Omega adhere to.
- The chipboard used by Omega in their manufacturing comes from responsibly managed and sustainable sources, carrying the PEFC standard on all their chipboard.
- By using Sanitized Actifresh anti-bacterial protection, bacteria and microbe growth is reduced by 99% whilst being odourless, taste-free and non-toxic.
Shop Omega worktops
Now you’re armed with all the information you’ll need to make an informed choice, why not shop for your Omega worktop today?